TKDA led the historic restoration of the NorShor Theatre in Downtown Duluth. In collaboration with Westlake Reed and Leskosky, now part of the DLR Group, the project included complete rehabilitation of the facility that was originally built in 1910 as a vaudeville theatre and later transformed into an Art Deco movie theatre. The new facility seats 750 and is used for live theatre, music and concerts. Complying with Historic National Register guidelines, the project restored the building to its historical 1941 Art Deco design.
The restoration included a regrade of the auditorium and balcony seating for improved sight lines; all new mechanical and electrical systems; complete sound, lighting and rigging systems; new theatre offices, green room, actor dressing rooms and scene shop; new roofs, masonry walls and window restoration; and restored marquee and front entrance.