Celebrating Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We actively champion diversity, equity and inclusion. At TKDA, we are committed to fostering an environment that celebrates and embraces the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and talents of our employee owners, clients and industry partners. Through proactive efforts, we strive to create a workplace that values and respects individuals from all walks of life.
We believe that a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion requires constant focus. We are committed to listening, recognizing and implementing opportunities to improve our firm with the goal of attracting diverse talent.
We are also committed to working on projects with like minded organizations to help build better communities for all of us.
TKDA’s Proactive Approach to Embracing DE&I
TKDA DE&I Statement
- We commit to seek out and value diversity of thought for the innovation and problem-solving capacity it brings to our teams.
- We aspire to reflect in our workforce the diversity of the clients and communities we serve.
- As a leader in the architecture, engineering and planning sector, we commit to embracing and advancing the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and in our profession.
Hosting company events to engage our employees in a deeper understanding of DE&I, specifically:
- Investing in ongoing training for our managers and employees to make TKDA an inclusive workplace
- Planning regular employee events to define DE&I and validate its importance in the company and the regions we serve
- Formalizing our Employee Resource Group structure and participation with contextual understanding of DE&I awareness and sensitivity
Welcome dynamic opinions and input, specifically:
- Increasing opportunities to engage employees in meetings, company-wide initiatives, strategic planning and other forums
- Reviewing and revising TKDA values statements to ensure our values reflect the culture we aspire to achieve
Increase diversity in leadership roles, specifically:
- Implementing individual development process to include leadership competency development for employees
- Developing succession planning tools and talent reviews further into our organization to open new pathways for employee advancement
- Establishing leader-led mentor/mentee relationships for diverse team members
Understand communities we serve, specifically:
- Funding and volunteering in programs that help improve the communities where we have offices.
- Inviting a cross-section of clients to share how they are advancing DE&I within their organizations
Expand diversity recruiting by supporting STEM-based programs in K-12 schools and offering scholarships at a variety of colleges and universities, specifically:
- Supporting STEM enrichment programs in underserved elementary school communities
- Supporting technical education and workforce development programs to connect high school students to real work opportunities
- Offering scholarships at schools and universities and expanding this program to reach diverse students
- Supporting student organizations that advance the careers of diverse students in technical fields
Engage TKDA employees in programs to help reach these goals
- Increasing TKDA employee participation in higher education Capstone projects
- Increasing opportunities for TKDA employees to become involved in recruiting, mentoring and volunteering at events to help introduce diverse candidates to our company
Join us as we actively work towards building a more inclusive future | TKDA in the Community