Thank you to our TKDA interns
Four college students became TKDA employees over the summer. Our intern team, all based at our Saint Paul office, consisted of Dylan Andres (Municipal), Derek Pientka (Municipal), Madeline Reusse (Human Resources), and Megan Vilaysack (Facilities). During the summer, our interns worked side-by-side with TKDA employee owners, gaining on the job experience to help them in their studies and future careers. Get to know two of our interns, Dylan and Madeline, below:
What school do you go to and what is your major?
- Madeline: I attended Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX, for most of my college career, but am finishing up my Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management at St. Mary’s University through an online program.
- Dylan: I go to the University of North Dakota and am majoring in Civil Engineering.
What is your favorite memory working at TKDA?
- Madeline: My favorite memory working at TKDA has been experiencing the full-cycle recruiting process at a professional level. It is exciting to watch an applicant excel at the interview process and eventually join the TKDA team.
- Dylan: My favorite memory from TKDA is my first day when I saw how friendly and welcoming everyone was.
What is the most valuable experience you had while working at TKDA?
- Madeline: The opportunity to reach employees at all levels and different points of their careers through important communications regarding training, new-hires, scheduling, etc. Covering the front desk the last month has allowed me to meet so many TKDA employees face-to-face!
- Dylan: The most valuable experience I had was being able to shadow and observe employees out in the field.
What is your favorite activity in Saint Paul?
- Madeline: You can find me at all of the MNUFC home games at Allianz Field and many of the Minnesota Wild home games down the road at Xcel Energy Center.
- Dylan: I love to go to Saint’s games!
TKDA has a tradition of working with interns from schools across the country, both in the summer and the school-year. If you are interested in becoming an intern at TKDA, come meet us at the upcoming career fairs, visit our current openings page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clockwise from top left: Dylan Andres, Derek Pientka, Madeline Reusse, Megan Vilaysack