Senior Professional Engineer - Structural (Facilities)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team has an opportunity available for a Professional Structural Engineer who has a passion for designing and managing a variety of facilities and other commercial and heavy industrial structures to join our Facilities Engineering team!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural engineering professionals who deliver building and facility design for industrial, government, education, and mining market clientele throughout Minnesota and across the country.
In this position, you will engage in the analysis and design of a wide range of structure types and sizes with an emphasis on light to heavy industrial facilities. In addition to design, you will further develop your project management, technical leadership, and client engagement abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplined projects, from conceptual design through construction administration. You will also have the opportunity to mentor less experience structural engineering professionals and become involved with efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by cultivating and establishing client relationships, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering capabilities / expertise presentations.
Under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Structural Group Manager, Market Managers, and Vice President of Facilities Engineering to assist in tracking prospective business opportunities and represent TKDA at project interviews and networking events. In addition, you will assist the Group Manager and the Vice President in redefining department standards and identifying the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to expand the team’s overall service offerings and capabilities.
For this opportunity, we are seeking experienced professionals to join our team from our Saint Paul location. Flexible work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a hybrid work environment.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Structural Engineer in the State of Minnesota, with a minimum of ten (10) years of previous experience designing heavy industrial structures (ie. manufacturing, mining).
- Proficiency with RISA 3D or Ram Structural System, MathCAD, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of structural steel, cast-in-place concrete, and precast concrete design for new construction and expansion, renovation, conversion, and adaptation/reinforcement project types.
- Previous experience conducting condition assessments of existing structures.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, participating in or leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced structural engineering professionals.
- Ability to travel up to 30% for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections, etc.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Previous business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates, and delivery of capabilities presentations.
- Previous experience or aspirations to manage multi-disciplined projects.