Senior Professional Engineer - Mechanical (Industrial Ventilation)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Mechanical Engineer who has extensive experience designing and managing a variety of HVAC, process, and other mechanical system design projects for industrial and commercial facilities to join our Facilities Engineering team.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide an array of services for a diverse portfolio of multi-disciplined projects throughout the country including light and heavy industrial facilities, food and beverage facilities, and educational and commercial facilities.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the design process for industrial ventilation and dust collection systems as well as chiller and boiler systems, along with HVAC and piping systems. You will develop PFDs and P&IDs, select and size equipment, conduct ventilation analysis, prepare specifications, design details, and construction documentation. You will also have the opportunity to manage mechanical intense and multi-disciplined projects and be responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety aspects from conception through construction and commissioning. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be a mentor and share your knowledge and professional experiences to further develop less experienced team members who will work alongside of you.
For this opportunity, we are seeking experienced professionals to join our team from Duluth, MN. Flexible work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment. Remote work arrangements will be strongly considered for qualified candidates who reside greater than 50 miles from our Duluth office.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five to twelve years of progressive experience designing industrial ventilation and dust collection systems within heavy industrial environments.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or another state with the ability to obtain reciprocity registration within other states.
- Prior project management experience with demonstrated knowledge of the project development process including coordination with other disciplines during design and construction.
- Previous experience responding to Requests for Proposals, including estimating mechanical fees.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, negotiating project contracts, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, delivering client presentations, and participating in client consultations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards, quality control, and/or project management practices.
- Prior experience providing Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QAQC) reviews.
- Previous experience conducting construction administration and inspection activities.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and flexibility to travel as needed (up to 20%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections/visits, construction management duties, etc.; Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit MEP, or Plant 3D.
- Previous experience working with energy modeling software such as Trane Trace, IES, or related.
- Previous experience with boiler and/or chiller system design for facilities.
- Previous experience with district heating and cooling, lab ventilation, or fire protection.
- Previous experience designing systems for mining facilities.