Professional Engineer - Structural
If you are an experienced Structural Engineer looking for an opportunity to engage with hands-on, heavy industrial projects from conceptual design through completion of construction, then you belong on our team of dedicated railroad facility engineers in either downtown Saint Paul, MN or Downers Grove, IL.
As a member of our Railroad Facilities group, you will collaborate with an in-house, multi-discipline team of experienced professionals to provide a wide range of engineering and construction support services for Class I, short line, and passenger railroads across the country. Your role will include design and repair of maintenance facilities, locomotive fueling stations, bulk handling structures, administration buildings, and a variety of other unique structures that are essential to railroad operations. In addition to serving as a technical expert by preparing design calculations, plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates, you will be able to develop (or enhance) your project management skills by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-discipline projects, from conceptual design through construction administration.
As an experienced professional, you will have the opportunity to mentor and develop Graduate Engineers and recently registered Professional Engineers while you work together to meet the needs of our clients. You will also assist Group Managers, Market Managers, and the Vice President with efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relationships, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering presentations.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or Illinois (or ability to obtain registration within six months), with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience designing heavy industrial structural projects.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of the permit application process.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, RISA, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficiency in drafting and assembling plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Experience managing structural-specific and/or multi-disciplined projects.
- Experience performing construction observation and inspection services.
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client relations.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, and participating in or leading project team meetings.
- Ability to travel up to 20% for project team meetings, client consultations, site inspections, etc. Overnight travel will occasionally be required.
- Master degree in Structural Engineering.
- Licensed Structural Engineer in states that recognize the SE designation.
- Previous Class I Railroad project experience.
- Business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply