Professional Engineer - Civil (Track Design)
Are you a self-driven Civil / Track Engineer with an entrepreneurial-spirt and a passion for track design? Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your responsibilities, leverage your capabilities, and advance your career? Do you want to make an impact and contribute to the growth of a well-respected firm?
TKDA is growing, and we are looking for a Professional Civil / Track Engineer to join our multi-disciplined Railroad Services team as the lead track design engineer at our Seattle, Washington office. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined, multi-location group of Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide services for Class I, short line, and commuter rail projects throughout the country.
You will be responsible for preliminary and final design for a variety of mainline, yard, siding, intermodal, and industrial service tracks for projects across the country. In addition to serving as a technical expert by preparing track alignment and profile calculations, plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates, you will also develop / enhance your project management abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplined projects, from conceptual design through construction administration. You will also have an opportunity to mentor and develop Graduate Engineers and Technicians who will work alongside of you. Furthermore, you will be involved with, and occasionally lead efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relationships, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering presentations.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
Hybrid work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Washington or ability to obtain registration within six months.
- Seven or more years of progressive design experience with an emphasis on freight rail track design.
- Experience conducting site / condition assessments and construction observations / inspections.
- Experience or aspirations to manage projects and lead a multi-disciplined project team.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication when developing proposals, preparing design briefs and technical reports, participating in or leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced civil engineering and construction management professionals.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of the permit application process.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, and/or InRail.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficiency in drafting and assembling plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Ability to travel up to 15% for project team meetings, client consultations, site assessments, construction inspections, etc.; Overnight travel will be required.
- Professional registration in multiple states; emphasis on states from the West Coast to the Midwest.
- Previous business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates, and delivery of capabilities presentations.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply