Technician - Mechanical Engineering
If you are looking for an opportunity to work alongside a team of highly collaborative mechanical engineering professionals where you can fully utilize and enhance your drafting skills to design HVAC, plumbing, and industrial systems such as process piping & ductwork, then we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for you to join our team as a Mechanical Technician in Duluth, MN!
As a member of our team, you will join a multi-disciplined group of engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural) and architecture professionals to deliver building and facility design for a diverse client base in our industrial, government, education, and mining markets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist with the drafting & design of mechanical system projects by preparing drawings through the utilization of design production software. In this position, you will also be responsible for performing basic mechanical calculations and completing redline revisions.
For this opportunity, we are seeking candidates to join our team from our St. Paul location. Hybrid schedules with flexible work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient individuals who have demonstrated their ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Associate’s Degree or Certification in Mechanical System Design, Mechanical Drafting, Mechanical Engineering Technology, CAD Technology, or previous mechanical drafting experience.
- One to five years of mechanical drafting / design experience with an emphasis on design of HVAC, plumbing, and piping systems.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Previous experience with layout of ductwork and piping systems in a 3D environment.
- Previous experience with layout of industrial systems such as process piping and ductwork.
- Familiarity with process flow diagrams, process piping diagrams, and/or piping & instrumentation diagrams.
- Experience with Plant 3D and SolidWorks
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply