Market Manager, Education - Architecture
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of design and engineering professionals is looking for an architect who is recognized as a leader of academic and education facility design and has a thorough understanding of market sector needs and trends to join our team.
As the Education Market Manager, you will join a team that has grown 25%+ per year in recent years and have a directly impact on the continuation of this trend by advancing our architectural services within the K-12 and collegiate markets around the Minneapolis-St Paul metro area, throughout greater Minnesota, in Illinois, and across the surrounding states. With some autonomy, you will also be responsible for developing and implementing a business plan that continuously focuses on enhancing design capabilities to meet the needs of the Education Market and to increase awareness of our services with a long-term emphasis on the K-12 sector.
As a member our team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined group of Market Managers, Project Managers, architects, interior designers, landscape architects, and engineering professionals (civil, mechanical, electrical, and structural) to identify prospective opportunities and strategic clients, respond to RFPs, prepare for interviews and presentations, and cross-sell design and engineering services across the firm. You will also play a vital role in cultivating and maintaining relations with technical and political leaders throughout the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro area, the State of Minnesota, the State of Illinois, and in other prospective markets by leading outreach programs, attending networking events, and actively participating in committees and associations.
You will independently lead the activities of all projects within the Education Market and be responsible for working with Project Managers to define project scope and scheduling requirements, negotiate contracts, determine project team staffing assignments, establish and adhere to design standards, review design plans for technical quality and accuracy, and monitor expenditures and budget parameters. On occasion, you may assume the role of Project Manager or Project Architect depending on the size or complexity of the project or the client relationship.
Flexible work schedules and remote accommodations will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a remote work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills. Reduced schedules will also be considered for qualified candidates seeking less than regular full-time employment.
- NAAB Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture and Registration in the State of Minnesota or Illinois.
- Fifteen or more years of progressive design experience with a strong portfolio of work within the K-12 and private / public college and university market sectors.
- Seven or more years of multi-disciplined project management experience with a reputation for providing superior customer service and a demonstrated ability to effectively managing client expectations, project scope, fee estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Thorough understanding of the academic / education market and corresponding client needs and expectations; recognition as a leader or expert on facility design within the K-12 sector demonstrated by an ability to identify trends, suggest design solutions, and guide clients’ ideas into functional and buildable solutions.
- High competence in business development demonstrated by a successful record of cultivating, nurturing, and deepening relations with representatives and decision makers of public and private school boards throughout the Twin Cities metro and greater Minnesota or around Chicago, IL; ability to identify and secure new business opportunities to increase revenue and expand market share.
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of design professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing technical reports and documentation, conducting project interviews, leading team meetings, and engaging in discussions related to market and divisional operations.
- Working knowledge of design applications including Revit and AutoCAD.
- Previous experience developing and effectively implementing annual business plans and multi-year strategic plans to meet project, market, division, and corporate revenue and profit goals.
- NCARB certification and/or registration in additional states.
- LEED ® Accreditation and working knowledge of State of Minnesota B3 Guidelines, or Illinois equivalent.
- Working knowledge of graphics applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and Sketch-up.
- Current affiliation or active membership with professional associations (AIA, CSI, ICC, etc.).
- CID or NCIDQ accreditation.
- Flexibility to travel up to 15% overnight to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, and attend business development and industry events.
If this sounds like the management opportunity you have been looking for, express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume for consideration today!