Planner - Airport/Airfield Design
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering, design, and planning professionals has an opportunity available for an Aviation Planner to join our team!
Our Aviation team has been providing consultation services to airports throughout the country for more than 70 years. We have a long and successful record of completing airport planning, design and construction projects at airports that range from small general aviation airports to large international hub airports. Through these projects, our employees have had opportunities to collaborate with airport management, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), state aeronautics agencies, airport tenants and the public at-large on a wide variety of airport improvement projects.
As a member of our aviation planning team, you will be responsible for completing and assisting leading a wide variety of airport planning tasks to include airport master plan studies, airport layout plans, airport zoning ordinances and other airport planning/environmental studies. You will also be involved with aviation activity forecasting, development alternatives, capital improvement planning, airport layout plans and client/agency project meetings. This position provides the opportunity to grow into a project management role.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation/Airport Management, Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or related field.
- Three or more years of experience in airport planning preparing master plan and/or feasibility studies or environmental reviews.
- Thorough understanding of FAA airport design standards.
- Proficiency using MS Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.).
- Previous experience and/or training in AutoCAD software.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and effective verbal written communication skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented setting.
- Experience preparing technical reports.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, and public meetings (occasional overnight travel will be required).
- Seven or more years of airport planning experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience in airport operations at a commercial service airport.
- Proficiency with AviPlan, ESRI ArcGIS or Adobe Creative Suite design applications.
- Previous experience using graphic design applications to develop presentation materials.
- Previous experience working in the capacity of a project manager with budgeting, scheduling, billing, and reporting responsibilities.
- Experience preparing and executing public engagement plans.
- Experience developing environmental review documents in accordance with the National Environmental policy Act (NEPA).
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain hands-on experience while working alongside a collaborative, knowledgeable, and passionate team of aviation professionals, then look no further!Apply