Graduate Planner - Airport/Airfield Design
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering, design, and planning professionals has an opportunity available for an Aviation Planner to join our team in Saint Paul!
Our Aviation team has been providing consultation services to airports throughout the country for more than 70 years. We have a long and successful record of completing airport planning, design and construction projects at airports that range from small general aviation airports to large international hub airports. Through these projects, our employees have had opportunities to collaborate with airport management, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), state aeronautics agencies, airport tenants and the public at-large on a wide variety of airport improvement projects.
As a member of our aviation planning team, you will be responsible for working on a wide variety of technical work tasks to support the preparation of airport master plan studies, airport layout plans, land use/airspace reviews and other planning or engineering projects as needed. You will also be involved with airport data collection/analysis, creating airport development exhibits/maps, and preparing airport layout plans documents.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation/Airport Management, Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or related field.
- Experience in airport operations and/or understanding of airport operations.
- Previous experience in AutoCAD software.
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills, and effective verbal written communication skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented setting.
- Experience completing technical data research and analysis.
- Two years of experience preparing technical elements of airport planning / design studies.
- Previous experience in AutoCAD Civil/Map 3D or AviPlan.
- Experience preparing technical reports.
- Experience in airport operations at a commercial service airport.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design applications.
- FAA licensed Part 107 or private pilot.
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain hands-on experience while working alongside a collaborative, knowledgeable, and passionate team of aviation professionals, then look no further!Apply