Graduate Land Surveyor (LSIT)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an opportunity available for a Graduate Land Surveyor (LSIT) to join our Municipal Services team in Saint Paul!
In this position, you will provide surveying services to support a variety of projects for various clients. Some of your responsibilities will include; conducting field surveys to determine and establish boundaries, topography, data collection, and geodetic control, overseeing construction staking for site layout, structures, grading, paving, roadways, and drainage features, assembling field data, performing survey calculations, preparing legal descriptions, plats, maps, and recording drawings and legal survey documents. This position includes a combination of field and office work.
- Surveying experience and/or degree in surveying or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both in the field and within an office environment.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, and stand or walk for long periods.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain.
- Ability to travel to client sites to conduct surveys, attend team meetings, and consult with clients.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Surveying preferred but not required.
- Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) Certification and/or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) Certification or ability to obtain preferred.
- Previous experience or training with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or ArcGIS.
- Previous experience with Trimble GPS and Trimble Robotics.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply