Graduate Engineer - Electrical
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an exciting opportunity for you to join our Facilities Engineering-Electrical team in downtown Saint Paul as a Graduate Electrical Engineer!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Electrical Engineers, Designers and Technicians to develop plans and prepare studies, design specifications, and detailed drawings for building and industrial facilities electrical systems. You will also assist with construction administration responsibilities including interpreting plans, observing construction operations, and maintaining reports to ensure construction conforms to plans and specifications.
In addition to working alongside Electrical Engineering professionals, you will work within a multi-disciplined environment and collaborate with Architectural and Mechanical, Civil, and Structural Engineering professionals to provide an array of services for a number of unique projects located across the country, ranging from lecture halls and educational facilities, to production plants and refineries, which provide you with opportunities that include variety and challenging responsibilities.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Upcoming graduate to experienced professional with up to four years of previous experience designing building and/or industrial facilities electrical systems – power, lighting, and signal (phone, fire alarm, and security).
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write specifications and reports and participate in project team meeting discussions.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections/visits, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Successful completion of EIT / FE Exam.
- Proficiency with electrical drafting using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience working with SKM Power Tools.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), load calculations, short circuit calculations, and circuit schedules.
- Previous experience with site, facility, and industrial electrical design Experience designing lighting systems for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Experience designing fire alarm and communication systems for commercial and industrial facilities.
If you have an interest in working in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment, then look no further! Submit your resume for consideration by applying on-line today.Apply