Graduate Engineer - Civil
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an opportunity available for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join our team in Seattle!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Engineers, Designers, and Technicians to provide engineering expertise for various linear and site design railroad projects. You will contribute to the development of preliminary and final designs using AutoCAD and Civil 3D, and frequently perform design calculations / specifications for project dimensions and elevations. You will also be responsible for performing construction administration and field inspections (earthwork, structural, drainage, materials, and miscellaneous) as needed to provide on-site technical / safety representation, conduct preliminary surveys, develop background drawings, review contractor submittals, and perform estimating tasks such as quantity take-offs.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering and up to four years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Successful completion of the EIT / FE exam or ability to complete the exam within six months of employment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to participate in project team meetings with public officials, client/owner representatives, and contractors.
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%) for project assignments, team meetings, site visits, etc.; Frequent overnight travel will be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round, carry up to 50 pounds across rough terrain, and stand for extended periods of time to perform observation and inspection responsibilities.
- Previous experience working on projects for freight and commuter railroads and rail agencies.
- Previous experience performing on-site construction administration responsibilities for heavy civil, transportation (bridge or rail/track), or municipal projects.
- Previous experience conducting topographic surveys.
- Previous training or experience with MicroStation.
- Previous experience assisting with the implementation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs).
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a challenging and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply