Engineering Specialist - Civil (Designer)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Designer / Engineering Specialist who has extensive experience developing preliminary and final designs for varied site design projects within the manufacturing / industrial, private development, renewable energy, education, and municipal / government sectors.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside other Civil, Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide civil design on multi-discipline public and private projects, including industrial, commercial development, utility infrastructure and facility design, stormwater management systems, and corporate and academic campus design.
For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced designer who resides within 50 miles of Saint Paul, MN, Duluth, MN, or Downers Grove, IL and has the ability to travel as requested. Remote accommodations will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient candidates who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
- Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive design experience with site development projects including site layouts, roadway design, vehicular and/or pedestrian access, site grading, pollution control, and stormwater management.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to participate in project team meetings and interact directly with clients and technical professionals on a frequent basis.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, site visits, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Previous experience and strong working knowledge of Revit.
- Previous experience with InfraWorks.
- Previous experience performing surveying operations including operation of instruments, recording and interpretation of data, and staking.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents will be recognized and rewarded, then apply on-line today to join our team!