Intern - Civil Engineering (Water/Wastewater) *Summer 2023*
Are you an undergraduate who has a strong interest in Water / Wastewater, Municipal Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Biosystems Engineering? Are you looking for an opportunity that will allow you to put your academic knowledge to work to address some of today’s engineering challenges? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team this summer as a Civil Engineering Intern within our Municipal Services Division!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Professional Engineers and Technicians to provide planning and design support for a variety of municipal and water/wastewater infrastructure projects including: underground utilities, storm sewer and drainage systems, wastewater collection and treatment, drinking water supply and distribution, street design, and multi-use trail systems just to name a few. While working on these projects, you will assist with materials and code requirements research, design calculations, cost and quantity estimates, and preparation of reports and specifications.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or environmental engineering with an emphasis on water and wastewater treatment and infrastructure design.
- Previous experience or formal training with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to ask questions, engage in discussions with team members, and assist with technical report and specification preparation.
- Ability to travel locally as needed for project assignments, team meetings, site visits, etc.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Previous experience and progressive responsibilities associated with developing construction documentation for various municipal or industrial water/wastewater infrastructure or facilities projects.
- Previous training or experience with ArcMap, XPSWWM, SewerCAD, HydroCAD, WaterCAD and/or Revit.
- Previous experience conducting on-site inspections and construction observations or performing surveying responsibilities, including operation of instruments, recording and interpreting data, and staking.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply