Vice President - Municipal Services
If you are a creative and visionary leader with a passion for engineering design, then we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our team as the Vice President of Municipal Services in downtown Saint Paul!
As the Vice President of our Municipal Services division, you will serve as a member of the TKDA Management Committee and be responsible for the overall direction and financial success of the division by establishing business plan objectives and providing insight on activities related to business development and strategic planning.
You will lead four Group Managers in the areas of Municipal Engineering (MSP Market), Municipal Engineering (Duluth Market), Water-Wastewater, and Planning. You will work closely with other division Vice Presidents to coordinate business development activities, cross-sell technical services and capabilities, and develop relations with Minneapolis-St Paul, Duluth-Superior, and Greater Minnesota client communities. As appropriate, you will assume the role of Project Manager on various projects. As the leader of the Municipal Services division, you will mentor and develop a talented group of engineering professionals by establishing a collaborative work environment and supporting continuing education and professional development opportunities that align with division and corporate objectives.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Fifteen or more years of progressive design or leadership experience with a strong technical portfolio including public utility projects.
- Five years or more of experience directly managing large, multi-disciplined projects.
- Five or more years of effective strategic planning and business development experience demonstrated by an ability to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities to increase revenue and improve market share and a track record of cultivating and maintaining client relations to secure numerous project opportunities throughout the State of Minnesota and in other emerging markets.
- Five or more years of experience coaching, developing, and leading a diverse team of engineering professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing technical reports and documentation, conducting project interviews, leading team meetings, and engaging in discussions related to divisional and corporate operations.
- Ability to travel up to 15% to meet with team members at TKDA regional offices, conduct on-site consultations, and participate in project meetings.
- Current affiliation or active membership with professional associations.
- Strong relations with key client contacts in the Minneapolis – Saint Paul metro, Duluth – Superior metro, and throughout greater Minnesota.
If this is the leadership opportunity you have been looking for, express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume for consideration today!Apply