Technician - Electrical Engineering (Railroad Services)
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Rail team in downtown Saint Paul as an Electrical Designer! As a member of our team, you will join a multi-disciplined group of professionals to design electrical systems for a variety of freight rail facilities projects. Through the use of AutoCAD and Revit, you develop detailed drawings, which will include site plans, power / signal / lighting / plans, equipment layouts, floorplan layouts, industrial controls and control systems, primary and secondary electrical distribution, transformers, lighting, communications, and energy conservation.
Required Qualifications. To make an impact and contribute to our team, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or Certification in Electrical System Design, Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering CAD Technology, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience with an emphasis on electrical drafting for a variety of commercial and/or industrial facilities.
- Previous experience and high proficiency with AutoCAD; thorough understanding of drafting standards including dimensioning, scaling, view ports, drawing layout, and checking.
- High proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed for building surveys, construction administration, field inspections/verifications, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Preferred Qualifications. The following qualifications are a plus and will help you make a smooth transition into your new role:
- Previous experience with Revit MEP; understanding of drafting standards and symbols and demonstrated ability to draft, edit, and develop families.
- Previous experience with low voltage systems, including fire protection, phone/data and security camera, and access control is a plus.
- Previous experience with Visual or similar lighting software is preferred.
- General understanding of drafting knowledge associated with other disciplines; Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, etc.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply