Technician - Civil Engineering (Highway Design)
Are you seeking a Civil Engineering Technician opportunity that will challenge you and allow you to apply your knowledge and skills to a variety of project types? Do you want to make an impact, expand your responsibilities, and directly contribute to the growth of a well-respected firm? If you answered ‘yes’, then we want to hear from you!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a group of well-respected engineering professionals on various street and highway projects. You will be responsible for preparing drawings, completing redline revisions, and developing construction documents for roadways, drainage systems, construction staging, maintenance of traffic, signing, and striping. Through your contributions, you will be recognized as a go-to technical resource.
- Associate’s Degree or Certification in Civil Engineering Technology or related field.
- Previous experience or formal training with AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to ask questions and engage in discussions with team members and other internal contacts.
- Thorough understanding of drafting techniques, plan development, and related engineering practices.
- Previous coursework or project assignments with an emphasis on roadway / highway design.
- Knowledge of MnDOT standards and specifications.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply