Intern - Civil Engineering (Water Resources) *Summer 2023*
As a member of our Surface Transportation team, you will work alongside a group Engineers, Designers, and Technicians who have established a reputation for designing complex, safe, and efficient transportation infrastructure systems for the Department of Transportation, local agencies, and design/build contractors. While working directly with a Professional Engineer or Hydrologist, you will assist with the design, modeling, and plan development of storm water drainage systems.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in water resources or hydrology / hydraulics.
- Previous experience or training with CADD software (Microstation and AutoCAD).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to ask questions, engage in discussions with team members, and assist with technical report and specification preparation.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Previous experience with GIS and drainage software (SWMM, P8, HEC programs).
- Knowledge of MnDOT design and plan standards.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply