Intern - Structural Engineering (Facilities) *Summer 2023*
If you are an undergraduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural emphasis and an interest in building / facility design, then consider joining our team this upcoming summer in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our Facilities Engineering team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural) and architectural professionals and become engaged in a variety of active facilities projects within the industrial, government, education, and mining market sectors. Our goal will be to expose you to the various stages of a project life cycle from conception through construction so you have a better understanding of the work we do, how we do it, and more importantly, what it would be like to be an engineering consultant.
Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of steel, cast-in-place concrete, and precast concrete design and assist with the development of structural models, floor plans, details, and construction documentation using AutoCAD and Revit. On occasion, you may assist with preliminary site / conditions assessments or construction administration responsibilities.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to ask questions, engage in discussions with team members, and assist with technical report and specification preparation.
- Ability to travel locally as needed for project assignments, team meetings, site visits, etc.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Previous experience or training with Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- General understanding of drafting techniques and construction plan development practices.
- Previous coursework in steel and concrete design.
- Previous experience with MathCAD, RISA, or other structural analysis programs.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply