Designer - Structural Engineering (Facilities)
If you are looking for an opportunity to work alongside a team of highly collaborative design and engineering professionals where you can fully utilize and enhance your skills to draft and model a wide variety of structures, then we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for you to join our Facilities Engineering team as a Structural Designer in Saint Paul, MN!
As a member of our Facilities Engineering Structural team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of engineering and architecture professionals to prepare detailed drawings using AutoCAD and Revit for a variety of education, government, industrial, and mining facilities throughout Minnesota and across the country. You will be engaged in the full life cycle of projects by creating base files, preparing construction documents, and picking up redline drafting made by other team members. In addition, you will assist with structural system layout, multi-discipline coordination, and clash detection reviews. On occasion, you may assist with field verifications of existing facilities.
- Associate degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology, or related field of study.
- Five to ten years of progressive structural drafting and modeling experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit to produce construction documents, graphic presentations, and 3D renderings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong working knowledge of building systems, construction methods / practices, the preparation and assembly of construction documentation, and interpretation of construction plans.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, mechanical, and electrical plans and models to assist with project coordination.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply effective verbal and written communication skills when participating in project team discussions.
- Ability to travel as needed to conduct site assessments / field verifications and perform construction observation tasks; Occasional overnight travel up to 15% may be required.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam Revu software.
- Previous experience conducting building surveys and field verifications.
- Previous experience working within a professional service or consulting environment.
- Previous experience drafting and modeling structures within the education, government, or industrial sectors.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply