Senior Professional Engineer - Water
If you are an experienced Senior Water Engineer with engaging team leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to lead business development activities, we have an exciting and highly rewarding opportunity for you to join our Municipal Services team in downtown Saint Paul, MN!
As the lead water utility services professional, you will collaborate with the Water/Wastewater Group Manager to develop and implement a marketing plan, track prospective business opportunities, participate in proposal development efforts, and represent TKDA at project interviews. You will also cultivate and maintain relations with technical and political leaders throughout the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro area, the State of Minnesota, and in other prospective markets by attending networking events and actively participating in committees and associations.
You will also serve as a Project Manager for a variety of multi-disciplined, complex public and private water projects by evaluating the scope and scheduling requirements of current and projected projects, coordinating planning strategies to ensure successful project execution from conception through construction, and providing quality assurance and quality control. In collaboration with the Water / Wastewater Group Manager, you will also leverage your technical knowledge to lead, coach, mentor, and develop a talented team of water engineering professionals.
Required Qualifications. To make an impact and contribute to our team, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Professional Engineer registration in the State of Minnesota and/or a Minnesota Grade A Water Operators License.
- Ten (10) to twenty (20) years of progressive technical design experience with a minimum of five years of experience directly managing public and private water infrastructure and facility projects.
- Effective business development skills demonstrated by a track record of securing public and private water contracts within the Twin Cities metro area, throughout the State of Minnesota, and across the upper Midwest.
- Previous client management experience with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client relations and secure business opportunities.
- Previous experience managing water system projects and leading a multi-disciplined project team.
- Previous experience mentoring and developing a team of professionals; demonstrated ability to foster collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, and conducting project interviews.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections/visits, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Experience directing the development of plans in AutoCAD and Civil 3D and editing technical specifications.
Preferred Qualifications. The following qualifications are a plus and will be beneficial to achieving success in your new role:
- Master’s Degree in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering with an emphasis on water infrastructure design.
- Working knowledge of SewerCAD, HydroCAD, WaterCAD and/or Revit.
If this is the leadership opportunity you have been looking for, look no further! Express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume for consideration today!Apply