Professional Engineer - Structural (Facilities)
Are you a self-driven Structural Engineer with an entrepreneurial-spirt and a passion for design of heavy industrial structures? Do you want to make an impact and contribute to the growth of a well-respected firm? Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your responsibilities, leverage your capabilities, and advance your career? If so, then we would like you to consider joining our team in Downers Grove, IL!
TKDA is growing and we are looking for a Professional Structural Engineer to join our multi-disciplined Facilities Engineering team as the structural lead at our Downers Grove office. As a member of our team, you will work alongside Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural engineering professionals who deliver building and facility design for industrial, government, education, and mining market clientele in the Chicago area and across the country.
In this position, you will engage in the analysis and design of a wide range of structure types and sizes with an emphasis on light to heavy industrial facilities. In addition to design, you will further develop your project management, leadership, and client engagement abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplined projects, from conceptual design through construction administration, mentoring Graduate Engineers and Technicians, and getting involved with efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by cultivating and establishing client relationships, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering presentations.
Under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Structural Group Manager, Market Managers, and Vice President of Facilities Engineering to assist in tracking prospective business opportunities and represent TKDA at project interviews and networking events. In addition, you will assist the Group Manager and the Vice President in redefining department standards and identifying the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to expand the team’s service offerings and capabilities within the Chicagoland area.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
Required Qualifications. To make an impact and contribute to our team, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Licensed Structural Engineer in the State of Illinois, with a minimum of ten (10) years of previous experience designing heavy industrial structures (ie. manufacturing, mining).
- Proficiency with RISA 3D or Ram Structural System, MathCAD, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of structural steel, cast-in-place concrete, and precast concrete design for new construction and expansion, renovation, conversion, and adaptation/reinforcement project types.
- Previous experience conducting condition assessments of existing structures.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, participating in or leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced structural engineering professionals.
- Ability to travel up to 30% for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections, etc.
Advantageous Qualifications: The following qualifications are a plus and will be beneficial to achieving success in your new role:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Previous business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates, and delivery of capabilities presentations.
- Previous experience or aspirations to manage multi-disciplined projects.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply