Senior Professional Engineer - Municipal
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Civil Engineer who has extensive experience planning, designing, and managing a variety of municipal infrastructure projects.
As a member of our Municipal Services team, you will be responsible for leading the preliminary and final design process of various municipal infrastructure projects and serving as a technical expert by reviewing the quality and accuracy of designs completed by other team members. You will also have the opportunity to be a mentor by sharing your knowledge and professional experiences to further develop less experienced team members who will work alongside of you. In addition, you will lead multi-disciplined project teams and manage the overall technical, quality, financial, and safety aspects of projects from conception through construction. Furthermore, under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with Group Managers and the Vice President of Municipal Services to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of outreach and engagement plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with public officials, tracking prospective opportunities, developing proposals, attending conferences, and delivering capabilities presentations.
For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional who resides within 50 miles of Saint Paul, MN and who has the ability to travel locally as requested. Hybrid work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Municipal or Transportation Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota with a minimum of twelve years of progressive technical design experience with various municipal infrastructure projects including street and roadway improvement, trail, utility, grading and drainage, and stormwater management.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience managing multi-disciplined projects; strong working knowledge of the project development process including coordination with other disciplines from preliminary design through construction.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of securing new project opportunities.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, negotiating project contracts, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards, quality control, and/or project management practices.
- Prior experience conducting and/or leading Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QAQC) reviews municipal infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience cross-selling multi-disciplined consulting services and contributing to the creation of annual business development plans.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D, HydroCAD, WaterCAD, or SewerCAD.
- Flexibility for limited overnight travel to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, or attend business development and industry events.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record; Ability to travel as needed for client meetings, project site visits, and conferences (occasional overnight).