Senior Professional Engineer - Highway Design
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an opportunity available for a Highway Design Senior Professional Engineer to join our Surface Transportation team in Saint Paul!
As a member of our Surface Transportation team in downtown Saint Paul, you will join and mentor a group Engineers, Designers, and Technicians who have established a reputation for generating safe and efficient designs for complex transportation infrastructure systems for the Department of Transportation, local agencies, and design-build contractors. While working directly with Professional Engineers, you will be responsible for highway design, geometric layouts, alignments, profiles, cross sections, and production of final plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
Furthermore, you will collaborate with the Highway Group Manager and the Vice President of Surface Transportation to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with clients and agency representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, and responding to proposals.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional registration in one or more states.
- Minimum of twelve years of progressive highway design and plan development experience.
- Prior experience or interest in project management, including defining project scopes, managing schedules and budgets, and adhering to technical design requirements and expectations (minimum of three years preferred).
- Previous experience with CADD software (Microstation and GEOPAK).
- Working knowledge of MnDOT design and plan standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write descriptive and technically accurate proposals, specifications, and reports; Ability to participate in, facilitate, or lead project team meetings.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Desire or demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced engineering professionals.
- Prior experience collaborating with a multi-disciplined team of highway design, traffic, bridge (structural), and water resources engineering professionals.
If you have an interest in working in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply