Senior Professional Engineer - Electrical
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Electrical Engineer who has thorough knowledge of technical design standards and requirements for industrial facility and site electrical systems. As a member of our team, you will work alongside Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide an array of services for a number of unique industrial projects throughout the country.
In this position, you will be responsible for scoping the electrical engineering portions of projects and leading the design efforts associated with the projects, along with developing detailed drawings, which will include site plans, power/signal/lighting plans, equipment layouts, one-lines, industrial controls and control systems, assessments, and reports. You will also assist with construction administration responsibilities including interpreting plans, observing construction operations, and maintaining progress reports to verify construction conforms to plans, specifications, and the construction schedule. Given your knowledge and expertise, you will have the opportunity to become a mentor by sharing your knowledge and professional experiences to further develop less experienced team members who will work alongside of you. In addition, you will lead teams of engineering and design professionals and be responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety aspects from conception through construction. With our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the electrical group management team and the Vice President of Facilities Engineering Services to further advance our services by assisting with the development of proposals, management of client relations and expectations, opportunity tracking, and preparation / delivery of client presentations.
For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional who resides near Saint Paul, MN and has the ability to travel to the office or client / project locations as requested. Remote accommodations will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a remote work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Ten to fifteen years of progressive technical design experience with a primary emphasis on industrial facility / site power distribution, lighting, and control / signal systems.
- Minimum of two years of progressive and successful experience managing electrical and/or multi-disciplined projects with service fees in excess of $300,000.00 per year.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SKM Power Tools, and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point) software.
- Previous experience coordinating design standards and requirements with other disciplines, including Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, and Structural.
- Previous experience conducting construction administration responsibilities including observation and inspection.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply effective verbal and written communication skills when writing specifications, preparing technical reports, contributing to or leading project team discussions, and participating client consultations and interviews.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site assessments, and construction inspections; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Professional registration in additional states.
- Previous experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, including estimating electrical design fees.
- Previous business development experience with a track record of securing new project/program opportunities.
- Desire or demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals on technical design standards.
- Previous design experience for industrial facility underground/overhead medium voltage (13.8kV) site power distribution systems.
- Previous design experience with synchronous motor installation, startup, and analysis.
- Previous design experience with Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Loop Sheets, and instrumentation and control panel specification, layout, startup and commissioning.
- Previous experience with configuration and/or programming of Programmable Logic Controllers, VFDs, and Instrumentation.
- Previous design experience with medium voltage switchgear relay setup, configuration, and uploading.
- Previous experience troubleshooting design, installation, and operating electrical equipment deficiencies and power quality issues and formulating corrective measures.
- Previous experience managing and working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, and Revit drawing software.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be recognized and rewarded, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply