Senior Professional Engineer - Civil (Railroad Services)
Are you a self-driven Civil Engineer with an entrepreneurial-spirt and a passion for track and site / utility design? Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your responsibilities, leverage your capabilities, and advance your career? Do you want to make an impact and contribute to the growth of a well-respected firm?
TKDA is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Professional Civil Engineer to join our multi-disciplined Railroad Services team as the Civil / Construction lead engineer at our Seattle, Washington office. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals, providing services for Class I, short line, and passenger railroads throughout the country.
You will be responsible for preliminary and final site design for industrial sites and facilities including railyards, maintenance and service facilities, locomotive fueling stations, and administration buildings. In addition to serving as a technical expert by preparing design calculations, plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates, you will also develop your project management abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplined projects, from conceptual design through construction administration. You will have an opportunity to mentor and develop Graduate Engineers and Technicians who will work alongside of you. You will also be involved with, and occasionally lead efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relationships, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering presentations.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Washington, with a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive site design experience.
- Experience conducting site / condition assessments and construction observations / inspections.
- Experience or aspirations to manage projects and lead a multi-disciplined project team.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, participating in or leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced civil engineering and construction management professionals (ie. EIT, recent PE).
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of the permit application process.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficiency in drafting and assembling plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Professional registration in additional states with a preference of Oregon and California.
- Previous business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates, and delivery of capabilities presentations.
- Working knowledge of MicroStation.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply