Senior Professional Engineer - Civil (Railroad Services)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Civil Engineer who has thorough knowledge of rail and transit operations and extensive experience designing and managing a variety of track and site / utility design projects. As a member of our team, you will work alongside Architectural, Civil, Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide responsive, high-quality, safe, and sustainable solutions for Class I freight rail, conventional passenger rail, ports and harbors, private/industrial, and public projects throughout the country.
In this position, you will be responsible for preliminary and final site design for industrial sites and facilities including intermodal railyards, maintenance and service facilities, fueling facilities, tank car and truck loading / unloading facilities, and administration buildings. You will have the opportunity to become a mentor by sharing your knowledge and professional experiences to further develop less experienced team members who will work alongside of you. In addition, you will lead teams of engineering and design professionals and be responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety aspects from conception through construction. Furthermore, under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the West Coast Group Manager and the Vice President of Rail Services to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with railroad and agency representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, developing proposals, and delivering client presentations.
For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional who either resides in or near Seattle, WA or who lives within 250 miles of Seattle, WA and has the ability to travel as requested. Remote accommodations will be strongly considered for professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies. Candidates must also have a satisfactory work record for the two (2) years immediately prior to date of application, including overall employment, job performance, discipline and safety records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Washington.
- Minimum of fifteen years of progressive technical design experience with a primary emphasis on Class I freight rail and secondary emphasis on passenger rail and/or mass transit projects.
- Minimum of five years of progressive and successful experience managing multi-disciplined projects with service fees in excess of $500,000.00 per year.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of securing new project/program opportunities; recognized as a market expert by representatives of Class I freight rail and passenger rail / transit agencies along the West Coast (Pacific Northwest to Southern California).
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards and/or project management practices.
- Previous experience contributing to the development and implementation of annual business/marketing plans.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of the permit application process.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Flexibility to travel up to 15% overnight to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, and attend business development and industry events.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Professional registration in additional states with a preference of Oregon and California.
- Working knowledge of MicroStation.
- Working knowledge of AREMA design standards and requirements.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be recognized and rewarded, then apply on-line today to join our team!