Senior Professional Engineer - Civil (Facilities - Site Design)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Civil Engineer who has extensive experience designing and managing a variety of site design projects within the manufacturing / industrial, private development, renewable energy, education, and municipal / government sectors. As a member of our team, you will work alongside other Civil, Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide civil design and management of multi-discipline projects.
In this position, you will be responsible for preliminary and final site design and project management for both public and private projects, including industrial, commercial development, utility infrastructure and facility design, stormwater management systems, and corporate and academic campus design. You will have the opportunity to become a mentor by sharing your knowledge and professional experiences to further develop less experienced team members who will work alongside of you. In addition, you will lead multi-disciplined teams of engineering and design professionals and be responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety aspects from conception through construction. Furthermore, under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Civil Group Manager, Market Managers, and the Vice President of Facilities Engineering to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with clients and agency representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, developing proposals, and delivering client presentations.
For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional who resides within 100 miles of Saint Paul, MN and who has the ability to travel as requested. Remote accommodations will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Minimum of twelve years of progressive technical design experience with site development projects including site layouts, roadway design, vehicular and/or pedestrian access, site grading, pollution control, and stormwater management.
- Minimum of five years of progressive and successful experience managing multi-disciplined projects; strong working knowledge of the project development process including coordination with other disciplines during design and construction.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of securing new project opportunities.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, negotiating project contracts, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards, quality control, and/or project management practices.
- Provide and lead Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QAQC) reviews for civil projects.
- Previous experience cross-selling multi-disciplined consulting services and contributing to the creation of annual business/market development plans.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of the permit application process with FEMA, DOT, DNR, and state / local government entities.
- Experience and understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D used to develop concept plans, grading plans, and site designs.
- Flexibility for limited overnight travel to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, or attend business development and industry events.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Professional registration in additional states with a preference of Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Iowa.
- Prior management and site design experience for private commercial / industrial developers.
- Prior management and site design experience for renewable energy (solar and/or wind) infrastructure and facilities.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be recognized and rewarded, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply