Project Architect - Civic
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of design and engineering professionals is looking for a Project Architect with progressive experience designing and managing a variety of civic / government facilities.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to and lead the design efforts for a variety of civic / government projects including public works facilities, fire stations, city halls, government centers, libraries, recreational facilities, and more. Whether it be for a smaller renovation to a full design of a new facility, you will be responsible for developing schematic designs, assisting with specification preparation and edits, and preparing production documentation. You will also serve as a Project Manager and be responsible for coordinating the activities of a multi-disciplined team while managing fee estimates, project budgets, and schedules. Furthermore, under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with Market Managers and Group Managers to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with clients and agency representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, developing proposals, and delivering client presentations.
Flexible work arrangements will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a hybrid work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
Note: For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional who resides within 75 miles of Saint Paul, MN or within 50 miles of Duluth, MN. Candidates must be able to travel throughout the State of Minnesota for client and project meetings as requested.
- Professional degree in Architecture and Registration in the State of Minnesota or ability to become registered within a year of employment; Registration in additional states is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience designing a portfolio of various civic / government facilities.
- Aspirations to become or prior experience as a Project Manager for architecture and multi-disciplined projects with demonstrated abilities manage project scope, schedules, budgets, and resources.
- Proficiency with various design and rendering applications including Revit, AutoCAD, Lumion, and Sketch-up; Knowledge of graphics applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design is a plus.
- NCARB certification and/or registration in additional states.
- Current affiliation or active membership with professional associations (AIA, CSI, ICC, etc.).
- Previous client relations experience or demonstrated ability to establish meaningful relations with key representatives and stakeholders within city / county / and state agencies.