Project Architect - Rail/Transit
If you are an enthusiastic Architect with an entrepreneurial-spirt and an interest in commercial and industrial facilities, consider joining our team as a Project Architect in Downers Grove, IL!
As a member of our team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of highly talented and innovative design and engineering professionals, and you will contribute to and lead the design efforts for a variety of new or renovated facilities for Class I Railroads and Mass Transit organizations throughout the country.
As a Project Architect on our team, you will be responsible for developing schematic designs, assisting with specification preparation and edits, and preparing construction documentation. You may also serve as a Project Manager and be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, and monitoring all aspects of a multi-disciplined project (construction cost estimates, fee estimates, budgets, schedules, and client expectations) from conceptual design through construction administration. You will also be involved with, and occasionally lead efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relationships, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering presentations.
The project portfolio for Cedar Street Architecture (CSA) can be accessed at https://cedarstreetarch.com/.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment. To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by CSA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- NAAB Accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture; Preferred registration in the State of Illinois.
- Four to ten years of progressive design experience with a preference towards commercial and / or industrial facilities.
- Previous experience working on multi-disciplined project teams (including electrical, mechanical, and structural).
- Proficiency with AutoCAD; working knowledge of graphics applications including Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design is a plus.
- Previous experience or demonstrated abilities to manage multi-disciplined projects.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing technical reports and documentation, and participating in or leading project team meetings.
- Previous experience conducting site and facility assessments and performing construction observation and inspection services.
- Ability to travel to attend project meetings, conduct on-site consultations and assessments, and meet with team members at other TKDA office locations; Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- NCARB certification and/or registration in additional states.
- Current affiliation or active membership with professional associations (AIA, CSI, ICC, etc.).
- Proficiency with Revit and 3D Rending Software.
- Previous business development or client relations experience; Strong relations with key contacts at Class I railroads and regional shortline railroads is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AREMA design standards and requirements.
- Working knowledge of regulatory agency requirements and permit application procedures.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued and recognized, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply