Professional Land Surveyor
If you enjoy working outdoors and mapping the lay of the land, then consider joining our team as a Professional Land Surveyor in Duluth! As a member of our team, you will manage and oversee a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with land surveying / civil engineering projects by directing survey plan preparation, conducting Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and topographic surveys, researching survey records, preparing and reviewing survey maps and drawings, performing quality control reviews, assisting with RFP responses and proposal development, and serving as a Project Manager by managing project cost estimates, schedules, and financials. You will also serve as a mentor by training and providing guidance to LSIT’s and Survey Technicians and serve as a TKDA representative by attending and occasionally presenting at local and state regulatory meetings.
Required Qualifications. To make an impact and contribute to our team, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of previous boundary and topographic surveying experience.
- Professional registration in the State of Minnesota or the ability to obtain registration within six (6) months of employment.
- Strong knowledge of Public Land Survey System (PLSS) terminology and procedures, modern survey methods and survey devices, such as total stations, Global Positioning System (GPS) and data collectors.
- Strong knowledge of legal aspects of boundary surveying, including laws, statues and ordinances.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to lead and/or participate in discussions during client consultations and project team meetings.
- Ability to works in all weather conditions, and stand or walk for long periods.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25%) to conduct surveys, attend team meetings, and consult with clients; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Preferred Qualifications. The following qualifications are a plus and will help you make a smooth transition into your new role:
- Previous experience or training with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or ArcGIS.
- Previous experience with Trimble GPS and Trimble Robotics.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Previous experience in proposal and fee estimating.
- Professional registration in the State of Wisconsin and/or North Dakota.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply