Professional Engineer - Traffic
The TKDA Surface Transportation team has established a reputation for designing complex, safe, and efficient transportation infrastructure systems. State DOT’s, local agencies, and design/build contractors look to the Surface Transportation team for solutions to their roadway and bridge projects.
The Surface Transportation team has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Professional Traffic Engineer who will be responsible for the following:
- Task leader for work on traffic related design and plan development (roundabouts, traffic signals, construction staging, maintenance of traffic, signing, striping, and lighting).
- Production of plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Traffic or Transportation.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of previous experience.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- Previous experience with the design and plan development for roundabouts, traffic signals, construction staging, maintenance of traffic, signing, striping, and lighting.
- Strong working knowledge and previous experience with CADD software (MicroStation, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write descriptive and technically accurate specifications and reports; Ability to participate in or lead project team meetings and client consultations.
- PTOE Certification.
- Previous Design-Build experience.
- Previous experience in developing and evaluating transportation system and corridor alternatives.
- Previous experience with traffic operations analysis, forecasting, and modeling.
- Working knowledge of traffic analysis software (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, etc.).
- Previous Project Management and Business Development experience.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply