Professional Engineer - Structural (Rail)
Are you a Structural Engineer who recently obtained or is pursuing Professional Registration? Are you seeking an opportunity that will provide you with an opportunity to work on a variety of structural projects and provide you with challenges that will expand your responsibilities and advance your career? Do you want to make an impact and contribute to the growth of a well-respected firm? If you answered ‘yes’ to all of these questions, then we want to hear from you!
As a member of our Rail team in San Bernardino, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined group of professionals, providing services for Class I, short line, and passenger railroads throughout the country. Your role will include design of industrial and maintenance facilities, locomotive fueling stations, bulk handling structures, and administration buildings. In addition to serving as a technical expert by preparing design calculations, plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates, you will also develop your project management abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplined projects, from conceptual design through construction administration. You will have an opportunity to mentor and develop Graduate Engineers and Technicians who will work alongside of you. You will also be involved with, and occasionally lead, efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relationships, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering presentations.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of California (or ability to obtain registration within six months), with a minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience designing industrial facility structures.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of the permit application process.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, RISA, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficiency in drafting and assembling plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Experience or aspirations to manage projects and lead a multi-disciplined project team.
- Experience performing construction observation and inspection services.
- Client management experience and ability to establish and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, and participating in or leading project team meetings.
- Ability to travel up to 30% for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections, etc.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in Spanish.
- Master degree in Structural Engineering.
- Structural Engineering License in states that recognize the SE designation.
- Business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates.
- Proficiency with Revit and MicroStation.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!