Professional Engineer - Structural (Facilities)
TKDA is growing and we are looking for a structural engineer with 5–10 years of experience to join our multi-disciplined Facilities Engineering team. As a member of our team, you will work alongside Architects, and Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural engineering professionals, who deliver building and facility designs for industrial, government, education, and mining market clientele throughout Minnesota and across the country.
In this position, you will engage in the analysis and design of a wide range of structure types. In addition to design, you will have the opportunity to further develop your collaboration, project management, leadership, and client engagement abilities by working on multi-disciplined projects, mentoring Engineers In Training, and getting involved with efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by cultivating and establishing client relationships and developing proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota, with 5-10 years of previous experience designing buildings and building type structures, preparing plans and specifications, and performing condition assessments.
- Proficiency with RISA 3D, MathCAD, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of steel, cast-in-place concrete, and precast concrete design.
- Extensive experience working in a team environment and coordinating structural designs with multi-discipline teams.
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills with project team members and clients.
- Proven ability to follow design standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 20% for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced structural engineering professionals (ie. EIT, recent PE).
- Ability to effectively respond to and manage client communications and relationships.
- Previous business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!