Professional Engineer - Municipal
Are you an experienced and self-driven Municipal Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to make an impact and contribute to the growth of a well-respected firm? Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your responsibilities, leverage your capabilities, and advance your career? If so, then we would like to you to consider joining our Northland team in Duluth, MN!
As a member of our Municipal Services team, you will be responsible for planning and designing a variety of complex and challenging municipal projects. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of multi-disciplined professionals and serve as a technical expert by preparing design calculations, developing construction documents, and conducting on-site inspections and construction observations. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your project management abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplinary municipal projects from conceptual design through construction administration. You will also become involved with and occasionally lead efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relations, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering client presentations.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Municipal or Transportation Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota, with ten or more years of progressive experience designing street improvement, utility, grading and drainage, and stormwater management projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or HydroCAD, and MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Previous experience conducting on-site inspections and construction observations for municipal or transportation projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write descriptive and technically accurate proposals, specifications, and reports; Ability to participate in or lead project team meetings, client presentations, and public informational meetings.
- Desire and/or demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced engineering professionals.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record; Ability to travel as needed for client meetings, project site visits, and conferences (occasional overnight).
- Previous experience managing project scopes, schedules and budgets, and being part of and/or leading a multi-disciplined project team.
- Previous experience assisting with or leading business development activities to secure municipal contracts in and around the Northland area and throughout the State of Minnesota including preparation of proposals and fee estimates and delivery of capabilities presentations.
- Previous client management experience or demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client relations.
- Working knowledge of SewerCAD, WaterCAD.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply