Professional Engineer – Municipal Engineering
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Professional Civil Engineer who has five or more years of progressive experience planning and designing a variety of complex municipal projects.
As a member of our Municipal Services team in Southern California, you have a significant role in not only producing quality technical deliverables, but also in the growth of our regional presence and the increased awareness of our multi-disciplined services. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of local and national multi-disciplined professionals and serve as a technical expert by preparing design calculations, developing construction documents, and conducting and/or directing on-site inspections and construction observations. You will have the opportunity to develop or demonstrate your project management abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplinary municipal projects from conceptual design through construction administration. You will also become involved with and help lead efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relations, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering client presentations.
TKDA provides employees who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a hybrid work environment – through self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills – the flexibility and necessary equipment to work remotely during the week.
**Note: For this opportunity, our preference is to find an experienced municipal / civil engineer who resides within 50 miles of our office in San Bernardino or our office in Irvine. Candidates must be able to travel locally and regionally as requested for client and project meetings.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Municipal or Transportation Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of California, with five or more years of progressive experience designing street improvement, trail, utility, grading and drainage, and stormwater management projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, and/or HydroCAD.
- Previous experience conducting on-site inspections and construction observations for municipal or transportation projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write descriptive and technically accurate proposals, specifications, and reports; Ability to participate in or lead project team meetings, client presentations, and public informational meetings.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record; Ability to travel as needed for client meetings, project site visits, and conferences (occasional overnight).
- Previous experience managing project scopes, schedules and budgets, and being part of and/or leading a multi-disciplined project team.
- Previous experience assisting with or leading business development activities to secure municipal contracts in and around Southern California including preparation of proposals and fee estimates and delivery of capabilities presentations.
- Previous client management experience or demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client relations.