Professional Engineer - Mechanical (Facilities)
If you are a Professional Mechanical Engineer who has extensive experience with HVAC, plumbing, and other mechanical system design for industrial and commercial facilities, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Facilities Engineering team in Saint Paul, MN!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide planning, design, and construction management services. for a diverse portfolio of multi-disciplined projects including light and heavy industrial facilities, food and beverage facilities, and educational and commercial facilities.
You will play an active role in the design of complex plant/building systems, load calculations/modeling, dust collection and industrial ventilation, chiller and boiler systems, and HVAC, piping and plumbing systems. You will also be involved with the preparation of mechanical plans, specifications, design details and construction documentation. Furthermore, this position requires participation in project development and fee estimating, attending client presentations and interviews, meeting with code officials, and performing inspections and assessments at project sites. Additionally, opportunities will be available to serve as the Project Manager on mechanical intense projects as well as larger multi-disciplined projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Mechanical Engineering.
- Seven or more years of progressive experience designing of mechanical facility systems design (HVAC, plumbing, and piping systems) for commercial and/or industrial facilities.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota, or the ability to obtain registration within six (6) months of employment.
- Previous experience in project management or leading mechanical design for multi-disciplined projects.
- Previous experience in responding to Requests for Proposals, including estimating mechanical fees.
- Previous experience performing facility or building load calculations and analyzing system components and capabilities in accordance with design and client requirements.
- Previous experience sizing ductwork and/or piping systems.
- Previous experience and ability to prepare studies, technical specifications and construction cost estimates and work with drafters to prepare accurate design drawings.
- Previous experience conducting construction administration and inspection activities.
- Knowledge associated with working on larger, multi-disciplined projects: Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Structural, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to articulate technical ideas and concepts both visually and in writing; Ability to write specifications and reports and lead and/or participate in discussions during client consultations and project team meetings.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections/visits, construction management duties, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit MEP or Plant 3D.
- Previous experience working with energy modeling software such as Trane Trace, IES, or related.
- Previous fire protection system design experience.
- Previous experience with the creation of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, equipment general arrangement drawings and piping plan drawings.
- Previous experience in boiler and/or chiller plant design for district heating and cooling systems.
- Previous experience with food production facilities.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply