Professional Engineer - Highway Design
If you are looking for an opportunity as a Professional Highway Design Engineer, look no further! As a member of our Surface Transportation team in downtown Saint Paul, you will join a group of Engineers, Designers, and Technicians who have established a reputation for designing complex, safe, and efficient transportation infrastructure systems for the Department of Transportation, local agencies, and design/build contractors. While working with this transportation team, you will be responsible for preliminary highway design and layouts (alignments, profiles, and cross-sections), final design of highway systems, and production of construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
Required Qualifications. To make an impact and contribute to our team, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in highway design or transportation.
- Professional registration in the State of Minnesota.
- Four to seven years of highway design and plan development experience.
- Knowledge of MnDOT design and plan standards.
- Previous experience with CADD software (Microstation, GEOPAK, or AutoCAD).
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
If you have an interest working in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment, then submit your resume for consideration by applying on-line today!Apply