Professional Engineer - Highway
Are you an experienced Professional Highway Design Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to expand your responsibilities, leverage your capabilities, and advance your career? If so, then consider joining our Surface Transportation team in downtown Saint Paul, MN!
As a member of our team, you will join a group of Engineers, Designers, and Technicians who have established a reputation for designing complex, safe, and efficient transportation infrastructure systems for the Minnesota Department of Transportation, local agencies, and design/build contractors. In collaboration with a team of multi-disciplined professionals, you will prepare design calculations and plans for a variety of highway design projects. Depending on your prior experience and aspirations, you may have the opportunity to develop or further enhance your project management abilities by overseeing the entire lifecycle of projects from preliminary design through construction. In addition, you may have the opportunity to serve as a mentor and contribute to the development of less experienced professionals on your team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional registration in the State of Minnesota.
- Minimum of five years of progressive highway design and plan development experience.
- Prior experience or interest in project management, including defining project scopes, managing schedules and budgets, and adhering to technical design requirements and expectations (minimum of three years preferred).
- Previous experience with CADD software (Microstation and GEOPAK).
- Working knowledge of MnDOT design and plan standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write descriptive and technically accurate proposals, specifications, and reports; Ability to participate in, facilitate, or lead project team meetings.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Desire or demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced engineering professionals.
- Prior experience collaborating with a multi-disciplined team of highway design, traffic, bridge (structural), and water resources engineering professionals.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and contributions will be recognized and rewarded, then apply today to join our team!Apply