Professional Engineer - Electrical (Railroad Services)
Due to the continuous growth within our Rail Division, we have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Irvine or San Bernardino, CA!
As a member of our team, you would work alongside Architects, Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural Engineers and Technicians to provide planning, design, and construction management services to Class I and shortline railroads, rail transit and commuter rail agencies, municipalities, ports and harbors, and industrial and private developers across the country. In this position, you will work on a variety of project types, including fueling facilities, loading and unloading facilities, maintenance facilities, tank farms, pump houses, and more. With these projects, you will be responsible for developing detailed construction documents, which will include site plans, equipment layouts, floorplan layouts, industrial controls and control systems, primary and secondary electrical distribution, transformers, lighting, communications, and energy conservation.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Seven to fifteen years of previous experience with an emphasis on medium voltage power distribution.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of California or the ability to obtain registration within six months of employment.
- Previous experience with layout and design of low voltage equipment including MCCs, VFDs, SMCs and basic control circuitry.
- Previous design experience with 120/208, 277/480, 13.8 power, lighting, and signal (fire, security, data/phone, paging).
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write specifications and reports and lead and/or participate in discussions during client consultations and project team meetings.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%) for team meetings, client consultations, and site inspections/visits; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Previous experience with site utility and yard lighting.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of Revit MEP.
- Thorough understanding of drafting knowledge associated with other disciplines; Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, etc.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply