Professional Engineer – Electrical (Facilities)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Professional Electrical Engineer who has extensive experience with office building and industrial power/lighting/signal system design to join our Facilities Engineering team in Saint Paul, MN.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide an array of services for a number of unique building projects throughout the country within industrial, mining, rail, education, government, aviation, and municipal markets. From educational facilities to industrial plants, you will have the opportunity to design a variety of challenging projects.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing the electrical engineering portions of projects to produce reliable, safe, and efficient designs meeting customer requirements, including the development of site, power, lighting, and signal plans; one-lines; panel board, conduit/cable, and equipment schedules; and detail drawings. You will also assist with construction administration responsibilities including responding to contractor questions, shop drawing review, and observations to confirm compliance to plans and specifications.
For this opportunity we are seeking a qualified professional who resides within 50 miles of our Saint Paul, MN location and who has the ability to travel as needed based on assigned responsibilities. Flexible work arrangements will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a hybrid work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or the ability to obtain registration within twelve to eighteen months of employment.
- Minimum of four years of progressive experience in power, lighting, and signal system design for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Previous experience with basic layout and design of electrical distribution equipment including panel boards, transformers, lighting, fire alarm, security, data.
- Previous design experience with 208/120 and 480/277 volt systems.
- Basic knowledge of National Electrical Code.
- Previous experience and strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Basic experience/knowledge associated with Mechanical, Civil, Structural, and Architectural disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to participate in discussions during project team meetings and client consultations.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 10%) for team meetings, client consultations, and site inspections/visits; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Previous experience with private owner underground/overhead medium voltage (13.8kV) site power distribution.
- Previous experience with industrial power system designs for motor and process equipment control including motor control full voltage, soft start, and variable frequency drives.
- Previous experience with business development responsibilities; scoping electrical design for proposals, fee estimates for electrical design, and interview participation.