Professional Engineer - Electrical (Facilities)
If you are a Professional Electrical Engineer who has extensive experience with office building and industrial power/lighting/signal system design, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Facilities Engineering team in Duluth, MN!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide an array of services for a number of unique building projects throughout the country within industrial, mining, rail, education, government, aviation, and municipal markets. From lecture halls and educational facilities, to production plants and refineries, you will have the opportunity to design and manage a variety of challenging projects.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for scoping the electrical engineering portions of projects and leading the design efforts associated with the projects, along with developing detailed drawings, which will include site plans, power/signal/lighting plans, equipment layouts, plan layouts, industrial controls and control systems, primary and secondary electrical distribution, transformers, lighting, communications, and energy conservation. You will also assist with construction administration responsibilities including interpreting plans, observing construction operations, and maintaining reports to ensure construction conforms to plans and specifications.
As a Project Manager of electrical and multi-discipline projects, you will work directly with clients and staff to define project scope, manage the budget and schedule, provide technical oversight, and implement quality assurance and quality control measures. Under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Electrical Group Manager, Market Managers, and Vice President of Facilities Engineering to assist in tracking prospective business opportunities, leading proposal development efforts, and representing TKDA at project interviews and networking events.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or the ability to obtain registration within six months of employment.
- Five or more years of progressive experience with a strong background in power, lighting, and signal system design for buildings and industrial environments.
- Previous experience with layout and design of low voltage equipment including MCCs, VFDs, SMCs and basic control circuitry.
- Previous design experience with 120/208, 277/480, 13.8 power, lighting, and signal (fire, security, data/phone, paging).
- Previous experience conducting construction administration and inspection activities.
- Previous experience responding to Requests for Proposals, including estimating electrical fees.
- Previous experience and strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project).
- Thorough knowledge associated with other disciplines: Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to write specifications and reports and lead and/or participate in discussions during client consultations and project team meetings.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%) for team meetings, client consultations, and site inspections/visits; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Previous experience with private owner underground/overhead medium voltage (13.8kV) site power distribution.
- Previous experience with industrial controls and control system design, programming/configuration, and startup.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Previous experience serving as a Project Manager or leading electrical design for multi-disciplined projects.
- Previous experience with business development responsibilities; tracking, pursuing, and securing project opportunities.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply