Professional Engineer - Civil (Site Design)
Are you an experienced Professional Civil Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to make an impact and contribute to the growth of a well-respected firm? Do you want to expand your responsibilities, leverage your capabilities, and advance your career? If so, then consider joining our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals!
As a member of our Facilities Engineering Civil Group, you will be responsible for planning and designing a variety of complex and challenging civil projects. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of multi-disciplined professionals and serve as a technical expert by preparing design calculations, developing construction documents, and managing projects. You may have the opportunity to grow your project management abilities by planning, directing, and monitoring all aspects of multi-disciplinary municipal projects from conceptual design through construction administration. You may also become involved with and occasionally lead efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by identifying and tracking leads, cultivating and establishing client relations, developing proposals, and preparing and delivering client presentations.
Note: For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional who preferably resides near our Saint Paul, MN or Downers Grove, IL office; however, remote accommodations will be strongly considered for experienced professionals who reside outside of these preferred locations and who are self-starter, self-sufficient professionals with a demonstrated ability to work successfully in a remote work environment. Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be offered to candidates within reasonable commuting distance of either office location.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota, with a minimum of five years of progressive experience in site design, stormwater management, street improvement, underground utility, and grading projects.
- Proficiency in assembling plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prior experience with regulatory agencies, and thorough knowledge of the permit application process with watershed districts, DNR, and state and local government entities.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, HydroCAD, and MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write descriptive and technically accurate proposals, specifications, and reports; Ability to participate in or lead project team meetings and client presentations.
- Desire and/or demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced engineering professionals.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record; Ability to travel as needed for client meetings, project site visits, and conferences (occasional overnight).
- Previous experience managing project scopes, schedules and budgets, and being part of and/or leading a multi-disciplined project team.
- Previous experience assisting with or leading business development activities including preparation of proposals and fee estimates and delivery of capabilities presentations.
- Previous client management experience or desire/demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client relations.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply