Professional Engineer - Civil (Aviation)
Are you looking for an opportunity that will take your career to new heights? Are you an experienced Professional Civil Engineer who has a strong interest in transportation engineering, and more specifically within the aviation sector? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact, work on a variety of projects, and be provided with challenges to continuously learn and expand your responsibilities? If you answered “yes”, then consider joining our Aviation team in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a group of passionate Engineers, Designers, Technicians, and Planners to provide engineering services to airports across the country including small general aviation airports, large international commercial airports, and military bases. You will be responsible for planning and designing a variety of complex site development and airfield design projects. You will collaborate with a team of multi-disciplined professionals, serve as a technical expert by preparing design calculations and plans, and develop or enhance your project management skills by overseeing the entire lifecycle of projects from conceptual design through construction administration. You will have the opportunity to serve as a mentor to further develop less experienced professionals.
As shown by our extensive portfolio, you will contribute to the rehabilitation and construction of runways, taxiways, aprons, utilities, roadways, NAVAIDS, fueling facilities, and security enhancements, which will provide you with a variety of challenging project opportunities.
Note: To be considered for this position and to perform the assigned responsibilities, the selected candidate must complete and pass all background and security requests required by state and/or federal agencies responsible for aviation operations as a condition of employment.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of five years of progressive design experience related to site development, municipal, or transportation projects.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or the ability to obtain registration within six (6) months of employment.
- Experience or interest in leading project teams and managing project scopes, schedules, financials, and technical requirements.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in drafting and assembling plan sets, specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication when developing proposals, preparing technical reports, participating in or leading project team meetings, and delivering client or public presentations.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, public meetings, site assessments/visits, conferences, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Previous training or experience with ArcGIS.
- Progressive design experience related to municipal or transportation projects or previous design experience with airfield or airport infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience assisting with and/or preparing proposals and contract documentation.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and procedures.
If you have a passion for aviation and an interest in working in a fast-paced, challenging, and highly-collaborative environment, then submit your resume for consideration by applying on-line today!