We are excited to announce that we have a brand new full-time opportunity available for an Office Administrator in our expanded and recently renovated office in downtown Downers Grove!
As a member of our employee-owned team, you will work alongside of and collaborate with a group of talented, innovative, and passionate architecture, engineering and design professionals who develop various infrastructure and facility solutions throughout the Chicagoland region and across the country. As the Office Administrator, you will not only be at the center of all the activity within the growing Downers Grove office, but you will have the unique opportunity to further define this role. As you learn the day-to-day operations, activities, and business needs of the multiple divisions located at our Downers Grove office and of TKDA, you will have the opportunity to leverage your talents and past experiences to expand your responsibilities and further contribute to our growth and overall success.
With this being a new opportunity, we envision the following as some of your initial responsibilities:
- Perform administrative tasks such as ordering and stocking supplies, processing incoming and outgoing mail and package shipments, answering phones and greeting guests, scanning, printing and electronic filing, assisting employees with a range of office services requests, coordinating and scheduling in-house meetings including ordering food.
- Proactively engage with team members to offer support with preparation, organization, edit/proofreading, and formatting of documents including, but not limited to, assistance with proposals, letters of interest, meeting minutes, and reports.
- Responsible for general office administration including office upkeep and building management for maintenance requests, issues, and access.
- Assist HR with scheduling of candidate interviews and preparations for onboarding new employees.
- Assist the corporate Safety Manager with safety related duties including the distribution and shipment of PPE and serving as the safety liaison for the Downers Grove office.
- Coordinate office events and gatherings in collaboration with Downers Grove management and/or TKDA leadership.
- Coordinate in conjunction with division administrative assistants for scheduling meetings, trainings, or other division tasks as requested.
- In addition to the above-mentioned administrative responsibilities, this opportunity will require assistance with database maintenance, certificate creation, and slide presentation editing and/or proofing.
Note: Our Downers Grove office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Downers Grove close to restaurants, shops and just one block from the BNSF line train station.
- Undergraduate pursuing an associate or bachelor degree or an experienced administrative professional and a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Ability to coordinate schedules and manage calendars according to office business needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication and proofreading skills with a demonstrated ability to recognize proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Extensive experience and thorough working knowledge of MS Office applications (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project).
- High level of integrity and discretion demonstrated by previous experience handling confidential and sensitive information of projects, financials, employees, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Positive, helpful demeanor, with a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
- Analytical, resourceful, creative, and solution oriented; able to proactively identify areas for improvement and provide solutions to improve efficiencies and correct errors where appropriate.
- Experience using technology and resources efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Ability to work an in-office schedule of 40 hours per week (M-F).
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Communications, or English.
- Previous Office Administrator experience within a professional services environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Communication, English or related field.
- Working knowledge of In Design, Bluebeam, and/or Acrobat Pro.
- Previous experience with Deltek Vision / Vantagepoint or other ERP business-management software.
Given the nature of the responsibilities associated with this opportunity, the Office Administrator will frequently sit, stand, and walk for extended periods. The Office Administrator will perform repetitive motions with fingers, hands, wrists, shoulders, and upper body while opening, sorting and/or distributing mail and package shipments. On occasion, the Office Administrator may be required to stoop, bend or reach above their shoulders and lift and/or carry packages and office materials weighing up to 25 pounds. The Office Administrator will occasionally need to deliver packages to a shipping agency or pick up supplies or materials from local stores and limited driving will be required.
If you enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a talented team of professionals and want an opportunity to be in a highly visible and constantly evolving role, look no further!Apply