Intern - Civil Engineering (Survey) *Summer 2023*
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an exciting opportunity available for a Surveying / Civil Engineering Intern this summer!
As a member of our Municipal Services team, you will work alongside civil engineers and technicians and become engaged in the construction phase of a variety of active municipal infrastructure projects including: underground utilities, storm sewer and drainage systems, wastewater collection and treatment, drinking water supply and distribution, street design, and multi-use trail systems just to name a few. Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to assist with preliminary site assessments, surveys, and construction administration tasks including inspections and observations.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from an assigned project site; however, there may be instances in which this position would be in our office in Saint Paul or provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying, or construction management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to ask questions, engage in discussions with team members and contractors, and assist with technical report and specification preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and display strong time management skills and an attention to detail.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions on active construction sites while carrying up to 40 pounds; ability to work up to 10-12 hours per day in accordance with construction activities.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record; Access to reliable transportation and an ability to travel throughout the Twin Cities metro as needed for construction administration and site inspections/visits, etc.
- Previous experience or training with AutoCAD or Civil 3D and ability to interpret construction documentation and specifications.
- Previous experience or training with ArcGIS.
- Previous experience using GPS and Total Station survey equipment to measure and record data.
- Previous experience with construction administration tasks including staking, surveying, inspections, or observations.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply