Market Manager, Government - Architecture
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of design and engineering professionals is looking for an architect who is recognized as a leader of government and civic facility design and has a thorough understanding of market sector needs and trends to join our team.
As the Government Market Manager, you will be responsible for advancing our design within the Government and Civic markets around the Minneapolis-St Paul metro area, greater Minnesota, and surrounding states. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a business plan that focuses on enhancing capabilities and increasing awareness of service offerings to secure project and contract opportunities and meet annual and 5-year strategic revenue and profit goals. You will be responsible for identifying, tracking, and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and collaborate with project teams to prepare for interviews and presentations. You will also be responsible for collaborating with Project Managers to define project scope and scheduling requirements, negotiate contracts, determine staffing assignments for project teams, establish and adhere to design standards, review design plans for technical quality and accuracy, and monitor expenditures and budget parameters. As the Market Manager, you may also assume the role of Project Manager or Project Architect.
As a member of the Architecture team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined group of Market Managers and Project Managers from other Divisions to cross-sell architectural services throughout the firm and to identify prospective and strategic clients and project opportunities.
Flexible work schedules and remote accommodations will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a remote work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
- Passion to design civic projects and serve the needs of an ever-growing community infrastructure.
- NAAB Accredited Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture and Registration in the State of Minnesota or equivalent credentials.
- Fifteen or more years of progressive design experience with a strong portfolio including experience within the Government / Civic markets.
- Minimum of ten years of multi-disciplined project management experience with a successful track record and reputation of effectively managing client expectations, project scope, fee estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Minimum of five years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of cultivating, nurturing, and deepening client relations and an ability to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of the Government / Civic market and corresponding client needs and expectations; ability to identify trends, suggest solutions, and guide client ideas into functional and buildable solutions.
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of design professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing technical reports and documentation, conducting project interviews, and leading team meetings.
- Working knowledge of design applications including Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- NCARB certification or registration in additional states.
- Portfolio highlighting extensive transit or water treatment facility design experience.
- Portfolio consisting of workplace/office, airport, or military project experience.
- LEED ® Accreditation and working knowledge of State of Minnesota B3 Guidelines.
- Working knowledge of graphics applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and Sketch-up.
- Previous experience developing and implementing annual business plans and multi-year strategic plans to in alignment with project, market, division, and corporate financial goals.
- Current affiliation or active membership with professional associations (AIA, CSI, ICC, etc.).
- CID or NCIDQ certification.
- Flexibility to travel up to 15% overnight to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, and attend business development and industry events.
- Strong relations with key representatives and decision makers of Government / Civic institutions, organizations, and City/Counties; recognized as a market sector expert.
If this sounds like the management opportunity you have been looking for, express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume for consideration today!Apply