Intern - Landscape Architecture *Summer 2023*
Are you an undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture (BLA) or a graduate student pursuing a Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) degree? Are you looking for a hands-on learning experience where you can apply your classroom knowledge and contribute to real world projects? If so, then consider joining our team this summer as a Landscape Architecture Intern in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our landscape architecture team, you will collaborate with a group of talented and innovative landscape architecture, architecture, and engineering professionals in an open-minded and energizing work environment to further enhance and advance our landscape architecture services. From community engagement, site analysis, design, and technical expertise through construction, you will become engaged in a variety of project scales and complexities, from large corporate campus design, park and trail master planning, small courtyard and plaza design, and siting new building facilities.
As a Landscape Architecture Intern, you will assist with the development of schematic designs, landscape plans, construction documentation and specifications. Throughout your internship, you will utilize your AutoCAD and Revit skills, be exposed the ins and outs of what it takes to bring a project together, and what needs to be done throughout the lifecycle of the project from schematic design to construction. Since many of our projects are multi-disciplined, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural engineering professionals, which means you will develop a well-rounded understanding of how each discipline supports and depends on one another to make a project successful.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA) or graduate student pursuing a Master of Landscape Architecture degree (MLA).
- Previous training or experience with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Degree emphasis on Environmental Design.
- Previous internship experience with an Architecture firm.
- Knowledge of construction methods, plan reading, and preparation of construction documentation.
- Knowledge of Lumion, Sketchup, and/or Adobe Suite.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!
When responding to this opportunity, please provide us with a copy of your portfolio or some work samples so we can learn more about your design talents.Apply