Landscape Architect / Landscape Architectural Designer
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of design and engineering professionals is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, and fun-loving Landscape Architectural design professional who appreciates a collaborative and holistic design approach. At TKDA we thoughtfully consider site context and user experience to create beautiful and functional spaces where people and the environment thrive.
As a member of our growing landscape architecture team, you will collaborate with a group of talented and innovative landscape architecture, architecture, and engineering professionals in an open-minded and energizing work environment to further enhance and advance our landscape architecture services. From community engagement, site analysis, design, and technical expertise through construction, you will become engaged in all aspects of the design process, starting with community and stakeholder engagement to site analysis, site design, renderings, construction documentation, and finally construction administration. We work on a variety of project scales and complexities, from campus master plans, park and trail planning, streetscapes, plaza design, and new building facilities.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development of schematic designs, landscape plans, construction documentation and specifications. On occasion, you will also conduct site assessments and perform construction inspections to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design plans and standards. In addition, commensurate with experience, you may be assigned as a task lead or assist in planning, coordinating, and monitoring various design, quality, and financial aspects of projects from conception through construction.
You will have the opportunity to showcase your ability to collaborate with stakeholder and community groups, analyze site constraints, prepare design concepts, and develop effective and engaging visualizations. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to business development strategies by collaborating with a multi-disciplined team of professionals to develop conceptual designs and programming.
Flexible / hybrid work arrangements will be strongly considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a remote work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
- Graduate of a LAAB accredited landscape architecture curriculum (BSLA, BLA, MLA).
- Experienced professional with two to five years of progressive landscape design experience with an emphasis on site evaluation and design, planting design, and storm water management for various park and trail, courtyard and plaza, and corporate campus design projects.
- Previous experience supporting community engagement efforts.
- Previous experience preparing construction documentation with AutoCAD.
- High proficiency with rendering applications including Adobe Suite, Lumion, and Sketch-Up and a demonstrated ability to effectively convey ideas and educate end users on design concepts through visualizations.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication skills when preparing technical reports and documentation, participating in project team meetings, and interacting with community members and clients.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by an ability to plan, prioritize, and juggle a variety of tasks between varying phases of multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to travel locally to attend project meetings, conduct on-site consultations, observe construction activities, and meet with team members at other TKDA office locations; occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Registered Landscape Architect.
- Working knowledge of Revit software.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to leverage your passions and talents and take ownership of your professional development, then apply today to join our team!Apply